Welcome

Welcome to Exposure. My blog about the scenes behind the scenes as a news photographer in Winnipeg.

Monday 7 March 2011

I really did it this time..

Well for those of you who tuned in yesterday, you'll remember how I explained "old faithful." The photographers version of comfort food. Something we visit to fill the void of an empty schedule.

What I didn't tell you, is how I actually went and shot 2 of them. First, let me explain to you that Mondays are a traditionally thin newspaper. What that normally means, is that standup photos often don't even make it in. There just aren't that many photo spots to fill. Since I knew this, I figured that I would maybe have just one standup actually make it to your doorstep this morning. What I didn't account for, was how few assigned photos there really were. To put it simply, I screwed up.

What did I do? After getting down from the ice tower, I shot squirrels in my backyard. I used two emergency-situation standups, thinking that only 1 would make it in. Now I don't know what I'm gonna do next time there's a slow day. I'll give you a hint though, it'll likely be another animal.
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

No comments:

Post a Comment