Welcome

Welcome to Exposure. My blog about the scenes behind the scenes as a news photographer in Winnipeg.

Sunday 6 March 2011

Frozen fingers

Sometimes during a shift, there just doesn't seem to be anything happening. When that's the case, it falls on us to find a photo. More often then not, that's easier said then done.
I have come to realize that we often fall back on locations we've been to in the past. These are places that are guaranteed to produce an image worthy of being in the paper.
Today, I hit one of these places; the climbing tower in st.boniface. I have shot a photo here in both of the previous two winters. A couple years ago, I was with Mike Deal, last year I actually got outfitted with a harness and ice picks of my own, and shot from 3/4 of the way up the tower. That is something that is more difficult then it sounds, because it involves forcing yourself to let go of the handles with both hands.
Today, I simply climbed up inside the tower and hung precariously over the edge. Climbing inside is a mission all in itself. The path is made up of old wooden ladders of various lengths and slippery wooden platforms. It's fun. Kind of like a jungle gym for adults. See the pic here: http://media.winnipegfreepress.com/images/380*253/ice_02.jpg
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

No comments:

Post a Comment